About The Tour
The ancient town of Amber served as the capital of the Jaipur ruling dynasties, Kachhawas during 15-17 centaury. After the formation of new city of Jaipur, The royal family and most of the population moved to the newly build city of Jaipur , leaving Amber to its fate. Gradually the town got lost in time.
Although the Amber Palace , is the must do site seeing for tourist while in Jaipur , very few people get a chance to step in the historic town to witness its rich heritage.
Join us on a fascinating heritage walking tour to rediscover the treasures of the long forgotten ancient town of Amber. Dotted with numerous historic temples and ancient structures, its a rare opportunity for its visitors, combines with an amazing textile museum.
Significant Tour Highlight
- Jagat Shiromani Temple. A 16th century temple dedicated to lord Krishna, this temple is decorated with beautiful sculptures featuring characters from Hindu mythology. The Temple was constructed in 1601, in commemoration of her beloved son Maharaja Kumar Jagat Singhji who died two years previously.
- Ambikeshwar Temple, an ancient Shiva temple older than Amber Fort . According to popular legend the Shiva linga is sinking deeper into the ground every year, a fact which is still a mystery
- Narsingh Haveli, one of the impressive Havelis of this ancient town which is now beautifully renovated to bring it back of its original glory
- Panna Miah Kund,a spectacular example of traditional step well which was built by one of Jai Singh’s eunuchs.
- Anokhi Museum (Optional) of Hand printing is situated in a beautifully restored mansion from the 16th century. Housing an excellent collection of both traditional and contemporary textiles made using a variety of different techniques.
For those with a love of the outdoors, beautiful scenery and fresh air, we can combine this walk with some gentle trekking in the surrounding Aravali hills. Visit a ruined fort, hidden shines and meet the local Meena community to learn about their daily lives. (Approx 2 hours)
What to wear:
It is advisable to dress modestly. Wear proper walking foot wares Please ensure you have adequate sun protection. You have to take off your shoes at places of worship. Bring along a spare set of socks, if you are NOT comfortable with the idea of walking in temples barefooted Photography is permitted on this tour. Where photography is NOT suitable , the explorer will advise you.
Terms & Conditions
- Tour operates subject to booking
- Minimum 2 persons are required to confirm the booking
- Please inform us 12 hrs in advance prior to the scheduled timing .
- Virasat Experiences holds the right to club different booking adding up-to a group size of MAX 8 pax,
- Please note that arrival and departure transfers from Hotel are NOT included in the mentioned cost. Direct payment at Anokhi Museum.
- Please pay the remaining payment to your guide upon meeting to our representative
- Late turn up for more than 15 min from the schedule meeting time will be considered as NO SHOW
Arrival & Departure Transfers
Transport is NOT included in the tour cost. . If you want assistance PLEASE CONTACT YOUR HOTEL OR CALL US
|Starting point: Parking Lot (behind the fort)
Finishing Point : Badrinath Temple
Approximately 2.5 hrs in duration
Walk departs: 11:00 A.M.
Minimum number of participants 2: maximum 8