About The Tour
On this walk, you will see the wholesale grain market, the bamboo market, spice sellers, colourful local grocery shops, milk and local cheese stalls , tea shops, fabric and jewellery shops, agricultural implements, fruits, vegetables, local beauty products...the list is endless!
Every little shop presents interesting insights about life in this region of Rajasthan. Colourfully dressed men and women from adjoining rural areas flock to this market for their needs, so this walk also provides great opportunities for seeing different communities that make up the Marwar region.
Significant Tour Highlights
- See the Local Dairy markets , known as Chavate. The best place to find milk , cheese, Mawa and other dairy products
- Meet craftsmen engaged in making brass lamp, sword and other weapons, since many generations.
- Meet local shop keeps selling perfume, spices , wood craft and other items
- Sample out popular sweets of Jodhpur, like Julab Jamun, Mave ki kachori etc.
- Visit the famous Sarafa & old katla of Jodhpur. A hub for goldsmiths, clothes merchants etc.
- Witness the famous clock tower of Jodhpur and venture into surrounding market selling
- fresh vegetable ,bangles market around the tower.
INR . 1500 per person for a minimum of 2 persons. Includes ,services of our Expert City Explorers , Tea & Snacks with local family, Temple Donations , Food Sampling any applicable entrance fees and bottled water
What to wear:
It is advisable to dress modestly. Please ensure you have adequate sun protection. You have to take off your shoes at places of worship. Bring along a spare set of socks, if you are NOT comfortable with the idea of walking in temples barefooted Photography is permitted on this tour. Where photography is NOT suitable , the explorer will advise you.
Terms & Conditions
Arrival & Departure Transfers
- Tour operates subject to booking
- Minimum 2 persons are required to confirm the booking
- Please inform us 12 hrs in advance prior to the scheduled timing .
- Virasat Experiences holds the right to club different booking adding up-to a group size of MAX 8 pax,
- Please note that arrival and departure transfers from Hotel are NOT included in the mentioned cost.
- Please pay the remaining payment to your guide upon meeting to our representative
- Late turn up for more than 15 min from the schedule meeting time will be considered as NO SHOW
Transport is NOT included in the tour cost . If you want assistance PLEASE CONTACT YOUR HOTEL OR CALL US
Starting point: from Jalori Gate
Finishing Point: at Clock Tower
Approximately 2.5 hrs in duration
Walk departs: Any time between 12 PM to 4:30 PM
Operates daily subject to local conditions