About The Tour
According to local legends, the old Town of Jodhpur was planned in the form of human body, where Mehrangarh Fort, the seat of the King represents the head of the body. Right hand represents the Brahmins or the priest community. Left hand for ministers, important Thakurs, landlords & other people who were appointed for the Durbar, service of the Royal Court. The Stomach of the body represents business class people, who very wealthy merchants engaged in trade and commerce. The Legs represent all the manual laborers.
Significant Tour highlights
- Visit historic Krishna Temple , tucked inside the heart of the Blue City and meet the priest family.
- Explore the narrow alleyways of the Blue City to meet locals and hear interesting stories of Jodhpur and its living traditions
- Discover ancient step wells which plays an vital role in the religious and social life of the surrounding residents
- Sample out some mouth watering sweets of Jodhpur, like Julab Jamun, Mave ki kachori etc.
- Visit fee community kitchen , Grain Mandi & Clock Tower to feel the buzz of this city
INR . 1500 per person for a minimum of 2 persons. Includes ,services of our Expert City Explorers , Tea & Snacks with local family, Temple Donations , Food Sampling any applicable entrance fees and bottled water
What to wear:
It is advisable to dress modestly. Please ensure you have adequate sun protection. You have to take off your shoes at places of worship. Bring along a spare set of socks, if you are NOT comfortable with the idea of walking in temples barefooted Photography is permitted on this tour. Where photography is NOT suitable , the explorer will advise you.
Terms & Conditions
- Tour operates subject to booking
- Minimum 2 persons are required to confirm the booking
- Please inform us 12 hrs in advance prior to the scheduled timing .
- Virasat Experiences holds the right to club different booking adding up-to a group size of MAX 8 pax,
- Please note that arrival and departure transfers from Hotel are NOT included in the mentioned cost.
- Please pay the remaining payment to your guide upon meeting to our representative
- Late turn up for more than 15 min from the schedule meeting time will be considered as NO SHOW
Arrival & Departure Transfers
Transport is NOT included in the tour cost . If you want assistance PLEASE CONTACT YOUR HOTEL OR CALL US
Starting point: from Chandpole Gate
Finishing Point: at Clock Tower
Approximately 2.5 hrs in duration
Walk departs: Any time between 8 AM to 3PM
Operates daily subject to local conditions