The Temples & Havelis Heritage Walk
About This Tour
Sawai Jai Singh II felt the need to move his capital from Amber to a bigger place because Amber facing the problem of over population and the necessity of water, he called upon the best avail¬able talent. The Bengali architect Vidya¬dhar Bhattacharya to formalised the new city’s plans according to a grid system. After dividing the city into nine blocks, or chowkries, and laying down wide and straight streets, he encircled it by a formidable wall and the walled city was built in 1727 A.D.
As Sawai Jai Singh II had the city map before him, it was an easy task for him to allot a different area for each trade. Two of the chowkries, taking up about one seventh of the total area, were used to locate the palace complex (where we find “City Palace”). The other seven blocks were given equal attention, with beautiful buildings lining the wide streets.
This walk has been carefully designed to offer a rewarding and enriching experience for our guests. Your guide will reveal some of the best kept secrets of the walled city of Jaipur - these knowledgeable guides take pride in sharing their relationships with the resident artisans, shop owners, temple priests and locals. These relationships make this walking tour a very interactive experience; our clients have a wonderful opportunity to meet people who they would not ordinarily get to meet; and as a result gain an insight into traditional ways of life.
Significant Tour Highlights
- Visit ancient Vishnu temple decorated with marvelous frescos and mythological paintings . As old as the city itself this temple also provides excellent vintage views of the city’s hustle bustle
- Have tea & snacks at a beautifully restored haveli owned by a welcoming family, who have a great respect and taste for traditional art and architecture of the city.
- Visit a private Tantra Temple with beautifully carved doors. This Shiva temple used to serve as a prominent seat for Tantric rituals in the ancient times
- Visit Shri Gopinath Ji Krishna Temple – A popular & lively temple of Jaipur. This place offers a firsthand experience of the Aarti ceremony & Indian Spirituality.
- Visit the vibrant local markets selling spices, grocery and other popular items
INR . 1500 per person for a minimum of 2 persons. Includes ,services of our Expert City Explorers , Tea & Snacks with local family, Temple Donations , Food Sampling any applicable entrance fees and bottled water
What to wear:
It is advisable to dress modestly. Please ensure you have adequate sun protection. You have to take off your shoes at places of worship. Bring along a spare set of socks, if you are NOT comfortable with the idea of walking in temples barefooted Photography is permitted on this tour. Where photography is NOT suitable , the explorer will advise you.
Terms & Conditions
- Tour operates subject to booking
- Minimum 2 persons are required to confirm the booking
- Please inform us 12 hrs in advance prior to the scheduled timing .
- Virasat Experiences holds the right to club different booking adding up-to a group size of MAX 8 pax,
- Please note that arrival and departure transfers from Hotel are NOT included in the mentioned cost.
- Please pay the remaining payment to your guide upon meeting to our representative
- Late turn up for more than 15 min from the schedule meeting time will be considered as NO SHOW
Arrival & Departure Transfers
Transport is NOT included in the tour cost . If you want assistance PLEASE CONTACT YOUR HOTEL OR CALL US
Starting point: Choti Chouper (in front of Police station)
Finishing point: Ram Chandra Temple (near Chandpole Gate) Approximately 2.5 hrs in duration
Walk departs : 7:30 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. (8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Dec/Jan/Feb)
Operates daily subject to local conditions