Partly in the Thar Desert, suffering from extreme temperatures and very little rain fall, Marwar
has the largest arid zone population in the world. Their traditional mud homes are set in small compounds which are well ordered and clean. Guests are invited in to these houses to see various aspects of everyday life and meet these isolated village community . With broad smiles and welcoming nature , the villager’s warmth is contagious and to meet these villagers is indeed a rare privilege.
Carefully designed to offer rewarding and inspiring experiences for both our guests and the locals , a typical tour would be to visit a village of the Banjara community. Many of these men earn their living by livestock farming and are frequently travelling, whilst the women work in the fields and look after the household. It is fascinating to get an insight in to how these dignified and graceful desert people live their lives.
From seeing the churning of butter to the grinding of flour; to marvelling at the women’s exquisite jewellery and colourful clothes to sharing a chai and trying their indigenous bread, this tour is a sensory experience that anyone interested in the real Rajasthan will find unforgettable.
Walk departs: 0900 hrs or 1500 hrs.
Duration: Approximately 2.5 hrs
Operates daily subject to local conditions
It is advisable to dress modestly. Please ensure you have adequate sun protection. You have to take off your shoes at places of worship and people’s home. Bring along a spare set of socks, if you are NOT comfortable with the idea. Photography is permitted on this tour. Where photography is NOT suitable, the explorer will advise you.
- Tour operates subject to booking
- Minimum 2 persons are required to confirm the booking
- Please inform us 12 hrs in advance prior to the scheduled timing .
- Virasat Experiences holds the right to club different booking adding up-to a group size of MAX 8 pax,
- Please note that arrival and departure transfers from Hotel are NOT included in the mentioned cost.
- Please pay the remaining payment to your guide upon meeting to our representative
- Late turn up for more than 15 min from the schedule meeting time will be considered as NO SHOW
The flamboyant architecture, temples and culture of India's desert state
From varied topography, diverse population, forts, palaces, havelis, fairs and festivals Rajasthan state has it all. Experience a unique culture that leaves you asking for more.